Compact Chefs knife

dereklee12

Hey all. I finished this one up the other day. Its a prototype for a 8 or 9 piece set for a food "festival" featuring all chefs and food/wine grown in my home town. I was lucky enough to be asked to do a knife for each chef and one for an auction. This one is in 1095 and box elder burl with a mosaic pin. Its mirror polished with a subtle hamon. the blade is 6" and the handle is just about 4 3/4". Thanks for taking a look and as always any input is welcome!
Derek Lee

chefs.jpg

Thanks Laurence. I am pretty excited about this project. Its my first go with stainless to so that should be interesting.
Derek Lee

Thanks Laurence. I am pretty excited about this project. Its my first go with stainless to so that should be interesting.
Derek Lee

Derek,
I was wondering about that since these knives are for local Chefs.
FYI, There is a law that all knives used in a commerial kitchen in the state of Cal, must be stainless steel. You will find that its a little tougher to grind than carbon steel. Sharp new ceramic belts work best.

Have fun.

That's an exceptional looking knife. Love the design and the subtle contrast between the warm handle and the cool blade.

Back