Colored damascus and mammoth

Ryan Minchew

Here's a few I recently finished.
This is a full 8.75" hunter with alabama damascus, heat colored Doug Ponzio shop floor suprise damascus bolsters and ram horn. It also has a tapered tang.
knives184.jpg

The next two are small bird and trouts around 6" long. The first is white mammoth, Chad Nichols damascus bolsters, gold plated screws, alabama damascus, and tapered tang.
knives176.jpg

Alabama Damascus, mammoth ivory, Doug Ponzio shop floor suprise damascus, tapered tang
knives178.jpg

as always comments and critques welcome. Thanks for looking Ryan Minchew

Dwane, Steven, and Frank thanks a ton for all of the kind words.

Frank they are all secured with screws then super glue wicked in the seams after the knife is completed. I was really nervous when first showed this on mammoth, but I'm a believer now. Jerry McClure showed me how and I believe Bruce Bump does his mammoth the same way. I think it really helped clean up the look of my knives on the edges, there isn't the slightest bit glue line showing.

Last edited:
Those are very fine, Ryan !!!!! I don't think they will be around long once you put them up for sale. Hey they are good enough to be folders. Frank

The screws add a nice decorative touch and practical too, plus they all look great.
Keep up the good work.

Thanks everyone for the compliments.

Frank I'm really wanting to try that bird and trout as a folder might give it a shot. Hope all is well on your end of the world.

I saw three of the knives that Ryan had finished for the OK show and they were fantastic!!!! So I know this one up close is a master piece.

Ryan.
Things over this way are great ! I are continually expanding your field of expertise !!! That's so good, man. I'm sure here for any comments. My best to you as always. Frank

Back