CKCA Cancer Benefit Knife Makes Cover

Kevin Jones

I'm pleased to announce the CKCA's annual cancer research benefit knife made the cover of the Blade Show Issue of Blade Magazine (Aug 2010 issue).
There's an article as well.

BladeCover.jpg

A big thanks to each of our team members.

Basically, the tasks have been/will be completed as follows:

Edmund Davidson - machining/profiling of knife
Steve Johnson - grinding/polishing/maker's mark
Barry Lee Hands - engraving
Wolfgang Loerchner - handle
Paul Long - the sheath
Chuck Ward - photography/promotional material creation

Blade Magazine will produce an article on our benefit knife which will appear in their 2010 Blade Show Issue.

As many of you know, each year the contribution from the CKCA's benefit knife goes to a different Cancer Research Foundation. This year's recipient is the Lungevity Foundation. http://events.lungevity.org/site/PageServer

The Lungevity Foundation is a Four Star rated (highest rating) charitable organization dedicated to raising funds for lung cancer research.

Here's our process/rules for awarding this beautiful knife:

• We will offer 200 tickets @ $100.00 per ticket.

• CKCA members get a 24 hour advance window ahead of the general public to purchase tickets. Said CKCA members can purchase tickets on-line via CKCA website on Monday May 31 @ 6:00pm EST – Tuesday June 1 6:00pm EST. CKCA members can also purchase tickets via cash or check on Thursday June 3 from 6:00PM-10:00pm at the CKCA Banquet in Atlanta.

Tickets will go on sale to the general public on Friday morning June 4 @ 11:00am at the CKCA Booth located in the lobby of the Blade Show in Atlanta and on-line via the CKCA website*. http://www.customknifecollectorsassociation.com/Benefit_knife.html

*note: though unlikely, it's possible due to CKCA member advance purchases that tickets could sell-out prior to being available to the general public on June 4.

• A limit of 10 tickets can be purchased per person.

• Our Drawing will take place at the AG Russell Knife Event 2010 at the CKCA Booth on Saturday July 31 in Rogers Arkansas. Exact time to be announced.

AG Russell / AG Russell knives has agreed to manage the raffle drawing process by verifying the ticket accounting and actually drawing the winning ticket at his show.

Last edited:
I picked up my ticket at BLADE. I hope they sell out soon and also look forward to announcing the winner to everyone here on KD from the AG Russell Knife Event. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky ;) (a guy can dream, right?).

Only about 3 weeks left!

CKCA2010CancerResearchSm.jpg

CKCA2010ReducedBenefitBrochure.jpg

Just about 3 weeks left before the drawing (July 31).
Our donation to the Lungevity Foundation is currently @ $14,610.23. Thanks so much to those of you who have helped.

Right now, a single ticket purchaser has a one in 134 chance of winning this valuable knife. Only 200 tickets are available.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, "Thats a beautiful dress Bowie made by famous people"!
Guys it dont get any better than this, a chance to win a world famous bowie, your name in heaven and helping to save lives from the cancer research all for only $100.
Its a Win Win.
Thanks Kevin for heading up this worthy cause.

Cut-Off~Cancer Knife on-line Ticket Sales

CKCA2010CancerResearchSm.jpg

CKCA2010ReducedBenefitBrochure.jpg

We have currently sold 145of 200 tickets and our contribution to the Lungevity Foundation for Lung Cancer Research is currently $15,676.53.

We will need to cut off on-line tickets sales for this outstanding knife on Thursday night July 29th @ 9:00PM EST.

http://www.customknifecollectorsassociation.com/Benefit_knife.html

Tickets will be available for sale from the CKCA Booth at the AG Russell Knife Event Show in Rogers AR from Friday morning July 30, up until the drawing for the knife on Saturday afternoon July 31, 2010.

The winner will be notified via telephone and/or e-mail shortly after the drawing.

We Have A Winner!

Jonathan Piser's ticket #64 was drawn as the winner of the 2010 CKCA Cancer Research Knife this afternoon at the AG Russell Show this afternoon.

Jonathan is a collector from Chicago.

Congratulations Jonathan

Congratulations Jonathan on this fantastic collaboration and contributing to a worthy cause. Kudos to all involved, so much work but a great benefit.

Well done, Jonh

Back