Christmas Exchange 2018!

J. Hoffman

Dealer - Purveyor
It's that time of the year again!Time for the Knife Dogs Christmas Exchange. Last year I was really late getting it started, and this year I'm early. Hopefully the extra time will allow more makers to join in. Most of you know what this is about. A gift exchange between knife makers of all skill levels. It doesn't matter if you are a new maker or Mastersmith.

The gift should be in the area of $25. Please don't send someone a hunk of 2x4 to use as handle material, or a bar of Damasteel; keep it near the $25. Suggestions for gifts are handle materials, handle hardware, specialty tools, known steel, etc.

Do a little research on your recipient before you choose a gift. Don't send 2x72 belts to a guy that has a 2x48 grinder, don't send folder pivots to a guy that only makes fixed blades.

To enter, all you have to do is make a post in this thread, saying you are in, and send me an IM with your real name, forum name and address. We do restrict this to members within the US, just because shipping abroad can get expensive for the giver. Last year, I accepted entries by both IM or email. This year it will be ONLY by IM. It got too confusing having names and addresses in two different locations.

***IMPORTANT DATES***
December 10, 2018 --Entry Deadline
December 12, 2018-- You will receive your recipients name by this date.
December 17, 2018--You must ship your gift by this date so it arrives prior to the big day.

Things to keep in mind:
-Think Toys not Socks
-Don't use this as a way to clean out your junk drawer
-Include a little note to your recipient telling them about the item/items you sent and about yourself.
-This is a great way to make new friends and get to know each other a little bit better.
-Bug Boss Dog and see if we can get him to play along this year.
-Open to Knife Dogs members only, but new members are welcome so feel free to share outside of the forum.

If I missed anything, or you have questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks!
Jess

"In"
-Daniel Macina
-Motor City Mike
-J. Hoffman
-Bjmac
- Dennis Morland
- Kevin Zito
-GeneK
-soundmind
-Chris Railey
-DanF
-luciusx5
-Kev
-KenH
-Bcarlson7
-Ty Adams
-Peter Martin
-Boss Dog
-opaul

Last edited:
Just curious if we get the recipients name by December 12 and have to have the package shipped out by December 17then we can't really do any research into the person we're sending it to. And chances are good at least where I Live the package wouldn't even arrive even if I ordered it the 12th?I just want to make sure I'm not going to send forging tools to someone that doesn't forge or some something like that

Just curious if we get the recipients name by December 12 and have to have the package shipped out by December 17then we can't really do any research into the person we're sending it to. And chances are good at least where I Live the package wouldn't even arrive even if I ordered it the 12th?I just want to make sure I'm not going to send forging tools to someone that doesn't forge or some something like that
It hasn't been an issue in the past. That gives 5 days to check a guys profile or posts to see what he likes.

Ahhh. So if we order somone say a few sets of scales we would just have it shipped directly to them? In other words we don't have it shipped to our place then ship it to theirs?

Daniel - For me, I just take one/two out of the wood, horn, antler stash and send it from my shop. I now understand what you mean about not having enough time if you are ordering something, waiting for it to arrive, so you can send it out, again.

Back