Check this out. Cool factor is high...

It’s definitely very cool but it’s also very pricey and I am a less is more type guy especially with shop tools like that. Something like that breaks it’s going to be a lot more expensive and time-consuming than just using kiss blocks and that sort of thing.

Someone was building a press out there that had a couple micro-switches on it that did the same thing. Sure not as accurate but for 4/5's the price of their 16T press that's nuts!!

Last edited:
That controller is SLICK!!! but a tad on the pricey side for me. More than I paid for the 12 ton mini press. I could see using a stepper motor (maybe servo motor?) and Arduino to build something like that.

Last edited:
That's a lot of money but not particularly expensive for those type of of controls. Typical valve assemblies are $1500 and up.

You'd have to have some pretty serious production goals to justify that.

Looks pretty slick for what it is. Seems to be well put together with a nice UI. I'd worry about long term reliability and program glitches though, having dealt with similar controllers on some industrial machines in a past career.
$4k+ is pretty steep too, especially considering you can accomplish the same thing with mechanical switches. That's not to say it's overpriced for what it is, necessarily, but they're gonna be aiming at a very narrow market with that price point.

Here's an example of doing the same thing for MUCH cheaper, and it's likely just as accurate and reliable in practical use:

For $4k I imagine I could build a pretty nice press and still have funds left over for wiring up an auto mode like the video above.

My initial thought was, "Wow I have to get one of those". Then I saw the price and it changed to "Ummmm, Naw". I love my press and do not regret buying it foe a second but 4K is pricey. I would have been a buyer in the $1500 range but not 4. Do not get me wrong, you more than likely cannot build one of those for $1500 but that is what I would spend to get the control. Other than that "kisser blocks" are free...

It kind of seems like a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, outside of VERY limited, extreme circumstances.......*maybe*.

I mean for 4 grand plus the price of a 12 ton mini press, you could buy a much bigger press and never miss what that precision controller offers.

VERY limited
My main use of it would be to prevent over squeezing a billet especially with my fuller or drawing dies. The ability to lock the thing in on 3/16 or 1/4 inch would be great but like I said, Kisser blocks are free and it can be done mechanically. I also wonder how it will react to the never ending cloud of steel dust, saw dust and flying wrenches known to be seen in my shop.

Back