Ceramic Kiln??

diverdale

We just bought a used Skutt ks818 kiln from our neighbor. My wife is into pottery so we couldn’t pass it up. It uses a kiln sitter which uses “cones” to determine when to shut off .. has anyone used this type of kiln for heat treating knives? Either way the upside is that I ran a new isolated 240v 60 amp to my garage .. so I can use it if I get a different knife kiln down the road

I thought about using one of these to heat treat. I would change the control over to a PID, Hi-Temp thermo couples and electronic relays. There are some Heat treating ovens that are actually set up like a kiln. I think the name of them is Jen-Ken (dont quote me on that)??

I thought about using one of these to heat treat. I would change the control over to a PID, Hi-Temp thermo couples and electronic relays. There are some Heat treating ovens that are actually set up like a kiln. I think the name of them is Jen-Ken (dont quote me on that)??
Yeah ... but my wife will need to fire ceramics ... I might just budget a real heat treating oven/kiln once I get a bit more experience

You could get a PID and set it up to tell temp only. Then figure out where to set kiln to get temp for H/T.

Back