Cerakote

Eliminite

Has anyone used or outsourced their knives for cerakote?

If so, I am looking for some good advice, I plan on applying myself and am assuming it is straight forward enough but, I have not purchased the supplies that I'll be needing for this and could really use some better expertise on this.

not sure why cerakote for first blades? would suggest for first couple blades concentrate on basics: even grinds, straight edges, a handle that fits and is comfortable, a finished edge that cuts well. cerakote is a coating and will scratch when blade is put on a sharpening stone. JMHO

I've used a little cerakote and a bit of gunkote and alumahyde. I coated my first blade. Yeah, you don't have to but I wanted to and it was fun.

Do you have any specific questions? I use a $16 hvlp touch up gun from harbor freight, an inline desiccant moisture absorber, running 40psi from my air compressor. I sandblast prior to coating. Just follow the directions.

All the coatings will scratch and wear. I coat the majority of my knives because my customers are not going to clean and oil a knife after carrying it.

For the minimal output of money you could use alumahyde ii, comes in a spray can. They don't say sandblasting is required with it, though it would give best results. Only trick on that one is to let it cure at least the recommended week or two, it is very soft until cured.

i have not coated any knifes you might go on line & read about oil blackening these is wee you heat you,r knife deep it to get a dark finish

Back