Camp/Belt knife with ironwood and bronze

J. Doyle

Dealer - Purveyor
Here's a nice little camp utility knife I made recently. I like the lines and the size of this knife. Feels really light and quick in hand.

Specs:
Hand forged from 1075 steel, clay quenched and etched dark
11" overall, 6 1/4" blade, .200" thick at the ricasso w/ full distal taper
False edge, just shy of sharp
Rounded filed thumb grip and ricasso edge
Bronze fittings and accents
Desert Ironwood handle

All comments and discussion welcome.

36392388931_543c07d119_c.jpg

36392387791_deb098d314_c.jpg

36392386781_87d26d506b_c.jpg

36392384201_56e0cd89d7_c.jpg

I should think that most comments would begin with superlatives as that is a fantastic knife. Sharp clean lines, beautiful wood, (desert ironwood has to be the premier of the knife handle woods) and all showing attention to detail that makes some knives more that just knives.

Very nice! The skills of so many knife makers that post here keep me motivated to keep striving for improvement. Just another example for me to get better!

Absolutely gorgeous! Of course, we've come to expect that from you. I love the contrast between the dark etched blade and the bronze guard. Very classy.

The collar under the guard is very elegant. I notice that you usually coin this part and this one is something new. You always add those little details that have me scratching me head saying "how did he do that?" which is what separates your designs from the pack.

Dang, that is as pretty as speckled puppy dog. I really like that one, it has a real elagonce to it and yet it makes you want to pick it up and have a go with it!!! Two thmubs up!
hatsoff.gif

The detail on this knife is amazing. The design is beautiful but the way you theme/detail your knives is just a delight to the eyes. The radiused spine and file work is so simple and lovely.

Back