Built in 'dings'?

Mike, you're dead right--you've actually hit the crux of the problem. I do spread jelly with my EDC. And open UPS boxes. And eat at Chili's. And subject it to the inside of a Wisconsin pocket in August...

The reason I choose a certain knife to be an EDC is that the scope of the uses I might need are endless--and could arise as the hour changes. Now I just mentioned Chili's. How was I supposed to know that the use of their premium thick sliced bacon requires a very sharp knife if you wish to cut that cheeseburger in half?

Suddenly that CQC-16, which is carried for UPS boxes, old radiator hoses and any recalcitrant mugger, is an instant chef's knife. I may not have forseen this, but the knife and the new circumstances require performance.

And unseen problems tend to mar blades. Oh, I clean them, buff out as many marks as I can and tend to the edges. I just don't like to hesitate in using a tool.

Besides, the cheeseburger could get cold!;)

... carried for UPS boxes, old radiator hoses and any recalcitrant mugger, is an instant chef's knife...

That, sir, is pure marketing genius!! Can I steal I mean borrow that phrase, tweak it a bit and use it in my future website, brochures and late-night-television infomercials? ;)

Tourist, I think Frost Cutlery makes them!

I had a friend who was a professional photographer. I gasped in horror when he bought a new camera and took his car key and raked it across the housing! He said he did it with all of his cameras otherwise he would be so worried about roughing it up he couldn't take decent pictures. I can empathize to an extent, but I'm just not that anal.

I take good care of my possessions because I work hard to buy them and hate waste, but they don't have to remain pristine. Someone told me once that if you can't afford to give something away, you don't own it, it owns you.

I'm not the type to spend $1,500.00 on a safe queen. If I need a pretty paperweight, I'll find a rock.

Last edited:
Can I steal I mean borrow that phrase

My pleasure. With any luck you will also get the blame...:p

Rock said:
Tourist, I think Frost Cutlery makes them!

Don't I know it. About a month ago our local cable company did several weeks of late night marathon sales for Frost. When they can sell you a knife for 89 cents--and still make a profit--you know that something smells.

Back