Bringing them something they already have...

Please correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me that you are asking that since God created everything why do people need to be told about him. All tribes, cultures, ethnic groups etc have some sort of story of how everything was created, most believe in a single God or spirit creating everything, I believe it is in human nature to look for a God of some sort. unreached peoples simply have not been told of the salvation of Jesus Christ.
Yes, to be exact, wy do they need to be told of God in His "Christianity"(sorry for the lacking term)even tough He created it like this
God created it like it is.That must be good enough for man..... is it not enough for Christians?
Thanks for Your reply

God gave us free will. We could have been created as robots, where we stopped at 11:45 every day and worshipped. But He instead gave us a choice. Isn't part of what we are called to do as Christians is to introduce others to it?
If I get You right than it is introducing the Creation to the same Creation.....Yes, he gave us the choice, but how is different is that interpreted.
Thanks for the reply.

Interesting to me is that even when avowed atheists or some other non believers face great adversity or death they cry "Oh God, help me."
Please explain.I am not an atheist, I made several times really clear.
I had a vivid live and faced death several times and I never cryed "oh God please help me!" Thats not the point nor the subject.
so what do You mean?

Yes, to be exact, wy do they need to be told of God in His "Christianity"(sorry for the lacking term)even tough He created it like this
God created it like it is.That must be good enough for man..... is it not enough for Christians?
Thanks for Your reply
Again, I must point to the scripture....

Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”
27 So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.
28 And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

The word translated 'dominion' means to rule over, to govern, to have authority over. God created the world and all that is in it, then 'leased' it to us. We bowed our heads to an outlaw spirit (he is called 'the god of this world' elsewhere in scripture) and gave the dominion to him. God did not create the world as it is.

To answer some of the questions you have raised, I present to you the sermon from Mars Hill:

"So Paul stood in the midst of the Areopagus and said, “Men of Athens, I observe that you are very religious in all respects. For while I was passing through and examining the objects of your worship, I also found an altar with this inscription, ‘TO AN UNKNOWN GOD.’ Therefore what you worship in ignorance, this I proclaim to you. The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands; nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things; and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation,that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; for in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, ‘For we also are His children.’Being then the children of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and thought of man. Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent,because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead.”" Acts 17:22-31

The bad news is that mankind has been corrupted by sin. We do not have the ability to make ourselves righteous, we are slaves to sin. Justice requires that all sin must be paid for, and that payment is death. God is just, the penalty for sin must be met.

The good news is that the penalty for all sin has been paid by Christ Jesus who died in our place, satisfying all claims of justice, and through him salvation is available to any who will believe it. This is a free gift of God because of his amazing love for us. God is just, but he is also good. This is the gospel, the heart of christianity, the word of reconciliation.

"namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." 1 Corinthians 5:19-21
George, I am glad You join the topic.
It will take me some time, working myself mentally through Your reply. So forgive me when I pick it up at the spot where quoting ends.
I pick out the point where Christianity expects us not to ask "wy".and "how", if we do and have doubts there is only punishment, death, purgatory and desperation....it is just threatening, like a religious blackmail "if you dont do then you go down..."
yes, God gave us the free choice but that is exactly the point!Gods forgiveness is in my opinion greater than Christians or any other human beeing can imagine....God executes no Penalty, man does.God is Love and Love do not force, punish, condemn or expect anything at all.....it is all us ,the humans who fanatically try to gain power....if God does not dwell in Temples than he dwells in churches and that is nothing else than another temple.
...and I never dare to say God dwells at any place at all.....he is everywhere, he is everything!
George like I said I will work myself through Your reply, which for shure contains more than I can understand right now this moment.
Thanks a lot for You contribution, appreciate it a lot!

Please explain.I am not an atheist, I made several times really clear.
I had a vivid live and faced death several times and I never cryed "oh God please help me!" Thats not the point nor the subject.
so what do You mean?

Believe me I don't have all the answers, especially to this. But aren't you asking about people who have not been exposed to or turn away from God. It would appear that the knowledge of God is born in us. And I mean the knowledge that He is.

Again, I must point to the scripture....

Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”
27 So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.
28 And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

The word translated 'dominion' means to rule over, to govern, to have authority over. God created the world and all that is in it, then 'leased' it to us. We bowed our heads to an outlaw spirit (he is called 'the god of this world' elsewhere in scripture) and gave the dominion to him. God did not create the world as it is.

George, there are overlapings of the reply, makes it confused a little bit, which reply comes when.

I struggling for words because of the quotings.It makes it for me really difficult to see it as an argumentation....it is not about dominion over nature!...that is what I mean,... it is about: in harmony with nature!
in harmony with the creation! ...not dominate nature.
I appologoize my lacking in education: here is a link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible
which brings a lot to reconsider and much more...
This is information about the Bible and the History, from where, who, when and so on...it is a book made by man, set together by man, I mean, what more could it be than an interpretation .how can that be used to answer a question which accords to the subject.
Quotings taken from the Bible and taken as an argument I fear does not help me to understand.
It is like: wy is it "green"?...and the answer is always: Because it is "green"....Q: " but....wy is it "green"?" , A: "Because God said it is green!"....
No disrespect to the Bible!! ...that goes without a saying!

I hope I made not to many linguistic faults, I never used Google Translate that often and that high level, not easy at all.
But I appreciate the discussion very much and I hope there is still a good mood in all of us.

No disrespect meant against no one and nothing, that would never help to go deeper, to see more and different.
Thank You very much.

Believe me I don't have all the answers, especially to this. But aren't you asking about people who have not been exposed to or turn away from God. It would appear that the knowledge of God is born in us. And I mean the knowledge that He is.
wyoske, i fear I do not understand You.It is my lacking in English.I cannot grab the sense...please try to explain it in different words.Thank You.

Harmony with nature is a "Disney" concept. People who live in a tribal or hunter gatherer society are often just a short step from starvation. Accounts of the plains Indians are full of struggles where death comes easy and food comes hard. Often we see them using self mutilation and starvation to communicate with or please the great spirit.

When we look at various world religions we see a trend of trying to work or sacrifice our way into Gods good grace. However Christians believe God reached out to us through his son. Christians believe nothing we say, sacrifice or do will save us only the grace of God will. That grace is in the form of Jesus death on the cross. Think about this from God's point of view. God is perfect and holy nothing less could stand in his presence. God saw we were perishing and did something, he sent his son to die willingly as a sacrifice to cover the sin of the world. When people ask me "How can God be so exclusive?" I ask them back "What more could he do?" He allowed his son to die for our sakes and all we have to do is accept and believe it. Jesus said in

John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Jeremiah I would encourage you to get a Bible in your language (I'm not sure what you speak) and read the gospel of John maybe a couple times.

Jeremiah I would encourage you to get a Bible in your language (I'm not sure what you speak) and read the gospel of John maybe a couple times.

I agree 100%, to have a grasp of what christians believe, you need to go to the source, which is the bible... the gospel of John is a good place to start, as is the letter to the Romans. If you have any trouble finding a bible, I'd be glad to send you one in your language.

Well guys, as for me, I'm just gonna try to follow Jesus as best I can, I may fail, I may succeed at some points, but I'm gonna try. I do this because at the end of the day I feel much better about my day and myself and I also glorify GOD and Jesus. I have a hard time with the harder questions in life such as this one that Jeremiah has asked.
What I would say to the original question though is, in a nutshell, the natural people that the missionaries go to teach never new they were a creation of GOD, so it is up to the knowledgeable people of the earth to teach them.
It also hard to put it to words on a screen when talking is so much more eloquent. Just my thoughts

Wayne

Harmony with nature is a "Disney" concept. People who live in a tribal or hunter gatherer society are often just a short step from starvation. Accounts of the plains Indians are full of struggles where death comes easy and food comes hard. Often we see them using self mutilation and starvation to communicate with or please the great spirit.

When we look at various world religions we see a trend of trying to work or sacrifice our way into Gods good grace. However Christians believe God reached out to us through his son. Christians believe nothing we say, sacrifice or do will save us only the grace of God will. That grace is in the form of Jesus death on the cross. Think about this from God's point of view. God is perfect and holy nothing less could stand in his presence. God saw we were perishing and did something, he sent his son to die willingly as a sacrifice to cover the sin of the world. When people ask me "How can God be so exclusive?" I ask them back "What more could he do?" He allowed his son to die for our sakes and all we have to do is accept and believe it. Jesus said in

John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Brad: this is true what You say, that looks like Disney, if You prefer to look at it from that perspective, but that is not what I meant.
Christian monks chastise themselves:" mea culpa mea maxima culpa...."it is not about the techniques coming close to God
I think it is not our right to judge somebody for his technique
I also have seen recent Christians using rattle snakes in the meetings and never would think this is what Christianity is all about and..... they are modern and not long time ago in the plains.

I agree 100%, to have a grasp of what christians believe, you need to go to the source, which is the bible... the gospel of John is a good place to start, as is the letter to the Romans. If you have any trouble finding a bible, I'd be glad to send you one in your language.

George, that is the offer of a real Gentleman, Thank You!I guess I can manage to find this gospels in the internet.again thanks a lot!

Brad and George, off course I will do my homework, wich may consume some time.But now I want to know by myself.
Thank You both!

Calvin, Thank You for believing me I am not into a provokation....how could I....?
I tried very hard to find words which do not trigger displeasure, like Brad spent an amount of time trying to dive into that topic.
How can Christians assure God with his Power has not reached the last corner of his creation?Do they think God let them complete the creation?
I dont know how to make this understand to You without repeating in different terms....just open your heart and mind for me and the topic like I open my heart and mind to look at it without pulling the violent History and reputation of Christainity into it.No disrespect, no affront, nothing like this, Calvin.
I believe in His Creation.
No, I am not a Christian.
Thank You, Calvin.

Jeremiah,
Please accept my apology,I simply cannot understand you well enough to help you.
If you like I can get some missionaries I know in Thailand to help you. I will give them your contact information if you will send me a private message.

Wayne, I must disagree, in most Religions is God the creator, and the consciousness to be a part of it is there as well.
Your thoughts are appreciated very much, Thank You!

Jeremiah,
Please accept my apology,I simply cannot understand you well enough to help you.
If you like I can get some missionaries I know in Thailand to help you. I will give them your contact information if you will send me a private message.

Calvin, Thanks a lot for joining again! No apology necessary, Thank You for this consideration.
Maybe You misunderstood me , I need no help, I only have a question.
Thank You for Your helpfulness.

Brad: this is true what You say, that looks like Disney, if You prefer to look at it from that perspective, but that is not what I meant.
Christian monks chastise themselves:" mea culpa mea maxima culpa...."it is not about the techniques coming close to God
I think it is not our right to judge somebody for his technique

Often it is hard not to come across wrong online. I never meant any disrespect to any people groups I only stated the facts. Christianity is God reaching out to people, all of the other world religions I know about are Man trying to reach God (Huge difference). Don Richardson went as a missionary to the Sawi people in Dutch New Guinea. I heard him speak a while ago and he talked a lot about the hopelessness of the people. They grew up in a culture of violence, mistrust and suffering (No disrespect just fact). The Sawi people told him how relieved they were when they came to Christ, they spoke about now having hope and peace.

Again going back to the Bible never have I read where self mutilation gets a person closer to God. However sacrifice of ones time and resources in order to show the love of God will deepen your relationship with God. The God I worship wants a personal relationship with his followers, cares about your well being and above all loves unconditionally.

Never forget God gave us a brain and wants us to use it. You have some tough questions Jeremiah hopefully you get the answers you seek. Would you like to be prayed for?

Often it is hard not to come across wrong online. I never meant any disrespect to any people groups I only stated the facts. Christianity is God reaching out to people, all of the other world religions I know about are Man trying to reach God (Huge difference). Don Richardson went as a missionary to the Sawi people in Dutch New Guinea. I heard him speak a while ago and he talked a lot about the hopelessness of the people. They grew up in a culture of violence, mistrust and suffering (No disrespect just fact). The Sawi people told him how relieved they were when they came to Christ, they spoke about now having hope and peace.

Again going back to the Bible never have I read where self mutilation gets a person closer to God. However sacrifice of ones time and resources in order to show the love of God will deepen your relationship with God. The God I worship wants a personal relationship with his followers, cares about your well being and above all loves unconditionally.

Never forget God gave us a brain and wants us to use it. You have some tough questions Jeremiah hopefully you get the answers you seek. Would you like to be prayed for?

Brad, that is very interesting!I understand this a bit different
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Richardson_(missionary)
but I may read it a few times in German to eliminate errors from my side.

Brad, Thank You very much for offering your prayers!
It clearly shows your noble nature.
I Really dont know what to say except that I dont need them, I am well,...
Thank You so much!

In 30 minutes it is New Year in Thailand. A good time spot to thank all of You for participating and for Your contributions.
Brad and George: Thank You Guys for Your time, Your patience and Your goodwill.

I take my leave now to celebrate the New Year with my family.

Gentlemen, Thank You so much!
God bless You all!!

Happy New Year to all of You!

Jeremiah

Back