Bowie Request

Good job on the Bowie - now for some closeups of the handle. More details on the knife. Did you make the sheath also? Now, that's impressive!!! Your daughter? Good looking young lady.

This is one I finished the other day but it is 5am here and taking pics on the kitchen table under lights is not the best . copper bolster with African Tambotie wood handles with copper pins on a 7 1/4 inch by .170 1075 blade. 12 3/4 inches overall length. Clip is non sharpened
9xB4GjCl.jpg

4SRdnbpl.jpg
The lines on this knife!!!!!

Good job on the Bowie - now for some closeups of the handle. More details on the knife. Did you make the sheath also? Now, that's impressive!!! Your daughter? Good looking young lady.
20181228_084101.jpeg20181228_084317.jpeg
Thanks for your kind words!!
The knifes OAL is 15 inches. The blade is 10 inches long, 2 1/4" wide and 5/16ths" thick. It weighs an impressive 2 1/4 lbs. Its patterned after a S&W bowie my wife bought me eons ago. The handle material is elk antler, brass, bloodwood and ebony. Its a long story about how it came to fruition. Here's the short version. Over thirty five years ago I acquired a large chuck of tempered stainless steel. I found someone to cut out the basic shape and it sat for almost thirty years until I got the tools and where with all I needed to cut and finish it and the rest is history. I do all my own leather work, I was doing that long before I started making knives. The young lady is a close friend of the family and I thought she would look a hell of a lot better than me!!

Thanks for the photos. Good job on the Bowie - but that sheath is what's really impressive to me. VERY NICE WORK. Well, that handle with the spacers show a lot of skill also. You did good.

Back