Bocote Hunter

Justin Presson

Ok I hope I cropped the pics enough so they will finally load.
This is a humter I recently finished in 1084 steel with hand sanded finish and Bocote scales. Kydex sheath wrapped in leather. I was pleased how it turned out.
Thanks for looking.
JP

20170829_193942~3.jpg 20170829_163454~3.jpg 20170829_163726~2.jpg

Justin...what is the lanyard hole made out of? I like that look...it doesn't detract from the nice pin layout.

Stunner! That end-grain bocote is something special! All the bocote I have is plain sawn. Seeing the annular rings and medullary rays in the handle looks incredible!

Nice knife Justin. The kydex and leather sheath is very cool.

Thanks Ty.
I always feel like a nice wood handle deserves a leather sheath but I hate making leather sheaths so I started getting pretty good at my kydex and feel if I wrap it in leather it kind of classes it up a bit and everyone always likes that click the kydex makes when you put the knife in.

I am a sucker for nice wood and that one is a beauty. The whole knife is clean and functional and very obviously made to be a user, but to my eye, it is that piece of wood that makes it stand out .

I can't say much more than what has already been said. I'll ditto the great looks of the bocote. I think the hand sanded finish looks pretty perfect.

Man, that's nice, Justin! If you don't mind my asking, what grit do you use on your final blade finish? That satin finish is absolutely gorgeous.

Back