Board of Directors check in

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
There are 6 members for the board.
I need you to check in so we know who is here.
We have things to discuss and get moving.

The Board is:
Jeb Taylor, President and founder
Brian Rongholt
Carlin Al-Andes
Les Voorhies
Chad Johnson, Board and Treasurer
Jess Hoffman
Tracy Mickley

Wesley Wernimont has volunteered to help with any graphics

Last edited:

The Board is:
Brian Rongholt
Carlin Al-Andes
Les Voorhies
Jess Hoffman
Tracy Mickley

present. It is 'Rognholt'

They keep and publish minutes. Generally, they are BoD members but can be anyone stipulated by the bylaws. The boards I've been on had widely varied duties for the secy. It IS the most important job however because if it ain't written down, it didn't happen.

The Board is:
Brian Rongholt
Carlin Al-Andes
Les Voorhies
Jess Hoffman
Tracy Mickley

Checking in.

1. What does a secretary do?
2. Are they picked from the board?

Normally the Secretary would keep minutes / Notes from meetings. Maybe even a recap.
The Boards I've been on in the past have done it 2 ways. 1.) as an elected position, the other 2.) appointed. once we decide it should be stated in out by-law and be consistent going forward.

Normally the Secretary would keep minutes / Notes from meetings. Maybe even a recap.
The Boards I've been on in the past have done it 2 ways. 1.) as an elected position, the other 2.) appointed. once we decide it should be stated in out by-law and be consistent going forward.
Board members are usually not able to be officers. It's one or the other. All the positions are elected. Committee members would be appointed and could be from the general membership.

As Chad said the secretary needs to keep minutes from the meetings, along with all important documents (ie. Tax records, permits, licenses etc.)

I must admit that paperwork is not my strength. Is anyone aware of a person that is part of the guild who would enjoy this task? Perhaps have the board appoint an officer in this case?

Back