Black fox one grinder reviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I understood the website correctly, the $4400 version was not a good comparison to the TW90 because the TW90 at least includes a contact wheel and small wheel setup.

I'm not in the market for a grinder but if I was I'd build one. there's so much info out there if you have the time for planning I think you could make a great grinder. that is of course if you have the equipment in your shop or availability to them to tweek and square up parts so everything goes together nicely.

That said....if I had the expendable money available, and wanted to start using a new grinder NOW, I think I'd be looking at the TW90.

Jun 25, 2016

I've been mulling things over since my return from the Blade Show, and I even called and spoke with the folks at Northridge....with serious consideration for purchasing one of their grinders. I gave them my input on their machine based on all my years of using a grinder (there was one at the Blade Show, that I spent a lot of time going over), but I got the impression that they weren't overly interested in what I had to say..... I even offered them the opportunity to use my flat platen design on their machines, but again, I didn't get the impression that they had much interest.

I've never said this publicly, but personally, I wouldn't touch a Northridge machine with a 10 foot pole, simply because of the way I was treated by them. When they first started out, they sought me out, and asked me to evaluate their machine, and to give my recommendations for any improvements. When I rendered my suggestions, they dismissed them in a very rude way, saying I obviously knew nothing about grinders or grinding...... guess 30+ years of experience doesn't count. So there's a perfect example of a bias. One of my biggest pet peeves is being asked for my help, opinion, or a question, and then being dismissed because it's not what they want to hear..... if you want your ears tickled, or your ego stroked, I might not be your best choice.

That's interesting. I had Northridge contact/approach me prior to them releasing their machine. The red lights went off in my head because the first phone call was "We'd like you to endorse our grinder." Not, would you be willing to review it, or we'd like you to try it. Eventually I did get "face to face" with the machine, but wasn't allowed to "run" it. I found a number of things that I felt were issues with the machine, and when I rendered my input, I was told that I obviously knew nothing about grinders or grinding :rolleyes: That's when I understood that they only wanted to use my name to sell a machine that has many flaws, and some downright dangerous aspects.[/QUOTE]

Ed Caffrey This is George DeLury owner of Northridge tool I have sat idly by listening to your Lies about me and the things I have said, enough is enough you can criticize our grinders all you want, you have that right, but to make up untrue things about me and make libelous statements about our grinders being dngerous I won't stand for it anymore I wouldn't have done this in public but your doing this in public,

You say we sought you out when we started making grinders for advise and recommendations that is an outright LIE ! you called me, you say I approached you prior to releasing our machine looking for you to endorse our grinder that is an outright LIE ! you say I was rude to you, and said you knew nothing about grinders or grinding, that is an outright LIE ! why don't we tell the truth.

Here is the truth in 2016 a guy took one of our machines to the blade show and put it at his table in the ABS section by his table, he called me and asked if I was interested in you calling me to discuss our grinder at that time I did not know who you were, he told me you were an ABS mastersmith and I was quite excited you were even interested, you called and left a message I called you back and left a message, later that day you put a post on this forum that you tried contacting us and we never called you back and that our customer service was suspect, the next day I called you again, and informed you I called and left a message the day before, and shortly after we spoke that day you removed the customer service is suspect comment.

We talked for about 30 minutes we discussed the fact you thought our tracking handle was to short, to hard to pull down to change belts, grinders in general and I told you the story of why I started making grinders, you asked me if I was interested in making and selling the Ed Caffrey platen and said if I was you would like a small royalty or to call it the Ed Caffrey platen on our website, I was as polite as can be to you, I never called you back only because I am so busy I have no time ever, the other time we spoke was for 30 seconds at the 2017 blade show I came to your table introduced myself shook your hand and went back to my booth, that is the extent of our contact in life.

Now as for your ears tickled or your ego stroked comment you really shouldn't talk to another man that way.

I know I am going to catch a lot of flack for calling out the favorite guy here but right is right and bullshit is bullshit.

What I want to know is why is this post on a thread asking for a review of a grinder? This seems like a personal challenge that has zero business on this thread. Staff member or not, right is right and bullshit is bullshit....as you say.

Last edited:
So instead of posting your thoughts on a thread with that information on it, you decide to post what appears to be a juvenile attempt at some sort of redemption? On a thread where your mention was not to your liking, referencing a post from two years ago? I am the OP of this thread, I feel like if you want to throw sand around in the playground you need to do it on someone else's time. The Internet is a vast place, go post it somewhere else.

Vombrown, Ed did mention it earlier in this post. If I'm not mistaken the last quote was taken from page 1. Ed brought up NRT, not the other way around.

Vombrown, Ed did mention it earlier in this post. If I'm not mistaken the last quote was taken from page 1. Ed brought up NRT, not the other way around.

And again, I humbly ask...what does any of this have to do with the topic of this thread? You guys don't like ED, I get it. Not my problem or concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back