black ash from meridian

franklin

thanks Larry that blk ash rocks not all the way done yet but here is a look at the knife it went on.
1095 4 inch hunter
loveless bolt
carbon thong tube, hope you guys like any feed back welcome!

Attachments

• 100_3743.jpg
    100_3743.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
larry shoot that wood was some of the easiest i have ever worked. your in trouble now i will be pestering you all the time for wood now lol
well hope you like your end of the trade have you treid it yet?

larry shoot that wood was some of the easiest i have ever worked. your in trouble now i will be pestering you all the time for wood now lol
well hope you like your end of the trade have you treid it yet?

I am going to using it coming up very shortly here. I have 2 that need finishing out. Glad you like the wood.... L

Franklin,
Very nice and clean hunter. Love the wood, hate the bolts.:thumbdown: Those big bolts are liked by many I am just not one of them. To me they take away from the beauty of this style knife. Please don't take my opinion personal. Though I don't like the bolts I think this is one of my favorite knives you have put out. Very nice work.:clap: Keep 'em coming.
Wade

Last edited:
Wade love the icon guys clapping and thumbs down were do you guys get em?
thanks for the comments,any suggestions on what you would think would look better?
Was worried that if abused that handle would not last with pins.

Hey Larry Franklin, Lookin good. See ya in a couple of weeks. Looking to have a couple finished to bring along.I am with Wade, I am not a bolt lover either.
Doug

Larry, I guess what i dont like is the fish eye look. Corby bolts would work great and give you pretty good strength with out the fish eye. Just my preference. You build em anyway you see fit though.

Wade love the icon guys clapping and thumbs down were do you guys get em?
thanks for the comments,any suggestions on what you would think would look better?
Was worried that if abused that handle would not last with pins.

Frankie,
Its in the smiley list box above when you are replying to a thread. Just hit the More Button.
Cool knife too! Very practical working knife.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

Larry that is a good looker- I see Wade's point that wood like that burl may deserve cleaner look than Loveless bolts- maybe (6) 1/8" SS pins would look better- but still very good looking knife and strong- good to see you put the twin tubes in this one- good work.

thanks ausbrook will get to the other one sooner or later, i think tubes are staying! i will try pins next time. the other one i took g-10 and canvas micarta and put a liner in center glued slabs together and thats the scales its going to get.

Franklin,
I like Ausbrooks 6 pin idea.
I think if someone abused this or any custom knife to the point of breaking off the scales they don't deserve owning a custom knife and they should be buying less expensive throw away knives. Knives are to be used not abused. You aren't building a tank you are creating a useable piece of working art. Just my take on the subject. :3: Wade

Last edited:
Back