Black ash burl skinner

J.Leclair

Another one hot off the bench.

7.5 " total length with a 3.5 " 154cm blade. The handle is some awsome black ash burl with stainless pins and blaze orange G10 liners
Thanks for looking
StaySharp

@@@@@

A very nice job on the blade. The angled plunge lines really set it off. I also like the burl handle. Too bad you weren't able to find it in a matchbook set.

Doug

Love everything about it except for the grind line but, that is probably more personal preference than anything! Not that there is anything wrong with the grind line as it is nice and crisp, I am more of a traditionalist!!

Really love the wood you chose for the handle and the red liners really set it off! Can't say anything bad about the leather work, except I wish mine looked as good. See that is not bad but a compliment! You are bringing your A game every time! Real nice piece overall!! :35:

Thanks for the kind words and the constructive criticism.
The whole angled plunge line started when I began making knives on a 10" cone loc grinding wheel I wanted to get a flatter grind rather than what I could get on the wheel. I was suggested that if I angled the blade while grinding that it would make it less hollow. Most people seem to like it so I kept doing it on all of my knives even after upgrading to the Bader 2x48.

How do you get the angled plunge? Are you using a file guide?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Back