Bent A2 question?

So I got a piece of quarter inch by two inch by thirty six inch A2 steel. It has a slight bend or warp in it. No twisting just bent slightly. I have 4 knives that I have ground to ready for heat treat status. My question is, will heat treat+plate quench straighten it out? It's not incredibly terrible but I had plans on selling two of these to fund some more materials. Any thoughts?

Why not just get them nice and straight now while there nice and soft,also don't leave any blemishes such as grinder marks such as you find on surface ground stock in areas such as flats that are going to be visible.I love A2 but found that hand sanding after heat treat can take forever if you don't do a little prep before heat treat.I do 90 percent of my grinding post heat treat and found that taking the flats down to 250 grit pre heat treat makes life much easier.

What would be the best way to straighten them before heat treat? Vice and bend? I was planning on going to at least 120, maybe I'll go 220 now. Thanks for the advice.

That should of read 220 rather than 250 ,I use a 3 point jig in a vice,two high spots on one side of the vice and one high spot between the two on the opposite side.

Back