Belated Hello

tkroenlein

I just realized I had never posted an intro.

My name is Todd. I live in SE ILLINOIS in solid "red" territory. 18 years working for an industrial refrigeration manufacturer, 11 years in maintenance, and almost 4 years as a supervisor. My focus is equipment reliability, so I'm kind of predisposed to over analyze things.

It's been just over a year since I started making knives from scratch. I'd messed with putting some handles on stuff for several years. I've never been happy with leaving well enough alone, and I'm just...uh...arrogant enough to think I can do most things better than I can buy.

I suppose I've forged 40 or so blades. I try to stay within my skill set and avoid things that I haven't quite got figured out or don't have equipment to do myself, while pushing the my limits and execution and process refinement.

Thanks to those who've taken the time to help me thus far.

I just realized I had never posted an intro.

My name is Todd. I live in SE ILLINOIS in solid "red" territory. 18 years working for an industrial refrigeration manufacturer, 11 years in maintenance, and almost 4 years as a supervisor. My focus is equipment reliability, so I'm kind of predisposed to over analyze things.

It's been just over a year since I started making knives from scratch. I'd messed with putting some handles on stuff for several years. I've never been happy with leaving well enough alone, and I'm just...uh...arrogant enough to think I can do most things better than I can buy.

I suppose I've forged 40 or so blades. I try to stay within my skill set and avoid things that I haven't quite got figured out or don't have equipment to do myself, while pushing the my limits and execution and process refinement.

Thanks to those who've taken the time to help me thus far.
Sounds like you'll fit right in here. Welcome aboard , and let's see some pitchers...we likee pitchers!

Welcome to Knife Dogs. I hope that you this site. Maybe it was a slip but it's generally seen as inappropriate to make political references.

Doug

Back