Been getting shocked a lot lately...

Duncan Tipton

The static generated by my grinder has been pretty bad in our cold dry air lately. I decided enough is enough and grounded my grinding support stick to the frame of my grinder. Works great. Thought I'd share the idea,P1020805.jpgP1020806.jpg as others may have similar issues. If you don't use a support stick, you could ground your work rest in the same way.

Take care, Duncan

Spray the inside of new belts with laundry static remover while the belt is running and you won't have any static electricity generated from that belt forever.

Spray the inside of new belts with laundry static remover while the belt is running and you won't have any static electricity generated from that belt forever.

this works well. I also spray the machine and my apron if the inside of the belt isn't enough. It always knocks it down.
this is especially bad if you use a glass platen.

Calvin, are you just had to say that, didn't you? And I thought I was getting along pretty well with day temperatures about 15 Fahrenheit. Right Boss Dog?

Frank - 15ºF? Here and I was complaining about 45ºF other day!

I WILL be trying that spray static remover - wife just said she would get me some her next shopping trip.

Ken H>

Back