Bearings for small wheel attachment

PT Doc

I'm messing around with some ideas and besides buying a small wheel and tearing it up I wanted to buy the bearings elsewhere.

I'd like to get some very good quality bearings to play around with. Does anyone know the bearing number? I assume that the small wheels assemblies that can be purchased all have a 1/4" axle?

Thanks for the help.

I'm messing around with some ideas and besides buying a small wheel and tearing it up I wanted to buy the bearings elsewhere.

I'd like to get some very good quality bearings to play around with. Does anyone know the bearing number? I assume that the small wheels assemblies that can be purchased all have a 1/4" axle?

Thanks for the help.
The bearings on mine are blank. PM Bossdog.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

R6RU is what is on one of them. My small wheels and grinder are from Hardcore Products.
I have .280 in thickness x .8756 in height and sorry but i can't get my Micrometer in there to read the Axle bearing. not enough clearance. My Cali is broken.

There are two breed sizes I believe? I think Bader went with one size and Burr-King with another and those are the two standards? Not sure. I would contact the maker of the machine you have or if you made your own, who it's modeled after?

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

R62rs seems to be the bearing number with dimensions of 3/8x7/8x9/32

This is pretty much the right one. The numbers are a somewhat generic industry term, you will find a wide range of quality of bearings with those numbers. Generally, even the cheapest of these bearings works fine in use as a small wheel roller. You just need to manage the heat. These bearings fail, generally, because there is no where for the heat to go. They get hot enough for the rubber seal to leak, the grease leaks out and then they fail. It's just the nature of these small contact wheels for the bearings to wear out and need to be replaced. You can knock off the failed bearings, put the spindle in the freezer to shrink it and then press on replacement bearings.

Back