Beaded Sheath for Heirloom Knife

SCALPHUNTER

This is a sheath I beaded for this knife that originally belonged to my Grandfather, who passed it down to my Father, who eventually gave it to me. It is 70+ years old, and I thought it needed a proper sheath.

Attachments

• 1108.jpg
    1108.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
That is really good looking (even out of focus). Take another picture in focus and post it again in this thread. That sheath is definitely worth a second and third and so on look! Do you/will you do bead work for other folks?

Paul

Sorry, that's as good as it gets with the camera I have. I did this sheath awhile back. I don't do much beading anymore as it's too hard on my eyes after about 30 years, and I never did it as a business, but I'm glad you liked it. Most of my beading was for my dance regalia, family, and local friends. It was a skill passed down from my Grandmother, when I was around 14 or 15 years old. If you want some good quality beadwork, I would recommend talikng to Chuck Burrows here on the Forum, as he still does excellent work.

Last edited:
No, it's the design I used on all my personal pieces though. I have seven different outfits...with seven separate color variations. I am a "Southern Straight Dancer."

Back