Barong Folder, my First!! Opinions?

E

Eric Draven

Hey Guys....
I did it...I finally dove into the folder arena. I have been working on 2 folder projects for awhile now, so I would like to show you guys WORK IN PROGRESS pics of the folder as it moves along.
It has 1/4" thick Titanium frame-lock handle slab and a 1/4" thick textured Black G-10 slab on the other side. The Blade is CPMD2 steel and will have the normal grind I do on the Barongs.
The Blade edge will be 4.5"-5" of cutting edge and the OverAll Length will be 11"+!!! Yep, its gonna be a BEEFY Beast. I will likely make one or 2 more of these at the most. I think I'll do one-offs of my own work and sets of 3 and so on occasionally. One-offs and being able to let my mind run free is where its at.

Anyways....enough talk, lets show some pics of where I am at with this beast. Keep in mind, these are pics of it as its being built. The blade isnt ground out yet, and I have more details to do to the blade and Handles.
FoldingBarong1.jpg

---
FoldingBarong2.jpg

Anyways....Hope you guys like it. This is the first of many folders to come. Just wait.

What is that thing supposed to be for in the end? Finished I may see something different but you have got to get tangled up with that hand grip to hold it, and then you can't shift your hand one way or the other in the least. Frank

Well you've gone and made it! Power to you, doing your own thing and it looks like you are doing it very well indeed !!! I do have one suggestion on your lock bar cut outs. The grooves cut as slots have a tendency to weaken the spring. Perhaps think of going to an arc cut out. Frank

I really like it !!! Looks to be a BIG TOUGH fighter --- and as a Barong Lover , I'd be interested in buying something like that !!!

Back