Band Saw Stands

I've seen blacksmiths that have built similar deals and think that I remember seeing one on a post quite a while back. They are quite simple just a ridged frame to clamp the porta-band to. I think that the first one I saw just used a large hose clamp to hold the saw to the frame.

Rusty,
I built my on that principal for my Dewalt. It works great. I think the only reason I didn't order one from them was I had the material laying around the shop. It was super simple to build.

Bing

MLazyB Custom Knives

Rusty,

I had a friend here in town who purchased one of those for his dewalt saw....he brought it to my shop, in hope of making it more study. We welded a couple of supports on it, trying to make it stouter....but within a week he was back asking if I could build a stand for him.

For the price they want for that stand, I personally think it's a rip-off. The only thing that holds the saw to it are the table screws, and it flexes all over the place.

Here's some pics of the stand that I built for mine. The Dewalt saw is pretty easy to build a stand for....

IMG_0347Standarde-mailview.jpg

IMG_0346Standarde-mailview.jpg

Nick Wheeler had a nice clean & stout design too, very similar to Ed's

Attachments

• NickWheeler1.jpg
    NickWheeler1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 36
  • NickWheeler2.jpg
    NickWheeler2.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 41
I mounted mine to the wall. Now it's out of the way and doesn't take up any valuable bench space..

Attachments

• 000_0531.JPG
    000_0531.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 000_0532.JPG
    000_0532.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 27
This might seem a little strange, but I just put mine in my bench vise and tighten on the handle. Then it goes back under the bench when not in use. Nice and simple.

Back