Bad To The Bone, Ka-Bar Clone!!

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
Hello and good day, a few months ago I was asked to make a special knife for a Retired Marine. This will be a gift from one friend to another. Which I thought was VERY cool!!!

I started looking at this knife and planning the project. Having never held a Ka-Bar USMC style knife I went off of a picture on the internet. :) I have great respect for our veterans and military and I can only hope that my knife represents this in every way!

The knife is finally done and I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. I am happy to share it with you all. and even more so to be able to be a part of this cool project we dubbed Bad To The Bone Ka-Bar Clone! USMC.

Blade is HHH Predator pattern damascus with Stainless and cocobolo burl handles.
Engraving by Doug Sutherland.
Box By Tom Blevins

Thanks to all who have served there country from all of us at HHH Knives!!!

HHHKnives006800x533.jpg
Feather009800x533.jpg
BTTBKBCHHHKnives011800x533.jpg
BTTBKBC021800x533.jpg
BTTBKBC022800x533.jpg
BTTBKBC119800x533.jpg
BTTBKBC121800x533.jpg
BTTBKBC125800x533.jpg
BTTBKBC130800x533.jpg
BTTBKBC072800x533.jpg
BTTBKBC085800x533.jpg
BTTBKBC006800x533.jpg
BTTBKBC004800x533.jpg

Unbelievable job ! Fantastic work ! The pattern of the Damascus is killer cool ! The handle with the spacers are smokin! And the case is on fire ! 10 friggin stars across the oars on this one bro! WELL DONE ! I love it !! And so will your friend.

I'm also tipping my hat to all the men and woman who fight and die for us every day to keep this country safe . Personal thanks sent right here to you all . God Bless !

Last edited:
What a knife!
Well done Randy, your attaentionto detail is awsome!
Whole package is A#1 in my book, any Marine would be tickled to recive that!

God Bless
Mike

Wow super nice collaberation- love the segmented burl handle work and presentation box is worthy of the knife- top shelf.

Thank you gents for the kind words. Its a honor as I said to make this one. But also to share it with knife nuts like yourselves. And working with great artists and craftsmen like Doug and Tom as well as Jr. in the process of making this one really made it even more special to me.

Stay sharp
Randy

Back