Apocalyptic Survivor Mora Sheath

NoahL

Hello everyone,

I typically just lurk around here, but I figured I might as well post this, even though putting my work up next to the work of some of the people on here is pretty intimidating :p. I just finished this Mora #1 sheath for a swap event on another forum.

It is made of 7-9oz horsehide leather that has been heavily distressed in my "Apocalyptic Survivor" style (it's not for everyone, I know :p), stitched with pure hemp thread, and finished with Leather Balm and Sno-Seal. The belt loop is a fold-over style that I modified with a slot at the fold and leaving the bottom of the loop open so that you can wear the sheath horizontally as well as standard carry, and that slot at the top also makes it very easy to tie cord to it for neck carry.

I'll try and get better pictures when the new camera arrives :p

9to3fp.jpg

Thanks for looking!

~Noah

Thanks both of you! I've gotten that style of texturing and coloring pretty well down, but I tell ya, the dual carry belt loop on the back was a PAIN!

fctocz.jpg

241rp0l.jpg

~Noah

That is really nice. I have a small mora and a larger mora blade that I will complete one day, your sheath will definitely give me a good guide.

Back