Anyone recommend a stencil maker??

I'm in desperate need of some new stencils can someone point me to a stencil maker other then Ernie??

thanks
Rob

Rob,
Go here!
http://www.ecemmi.com/ Electro Chem in Brea Ca.
Maria will most likely answer the phone. She can help you.
They use a green material that lasts and lasts for many etchings. I find it works much better than the blue stuff,
These are the folks that have made the machines & stencils for about 40 plus years.

I just order more Friday. They will be in by Monday-Tuesday.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Ernie is the only maker I ever use... sorry.

Can I ask why not Ernie?

Andrew,
I was going to use Ernie, sent him some art he returned a proof a little different.. which is fine but his email got buried and within that time (couple weeks) I had changed my design to something super simple, sent him a link with the font and haven't heard back from him.. so in short I'd love to give him a try as everyone seems to use him, I've used TUS for my first stencils and they were very responsive, professional etc I'm just looking to give someone else a try to compare them to..

Wow. That's surprizing.

I've called probably a dozen times - including from Afghanistan - over the past three years he's answered and I've had proofs within 24 hrs.

Hope all is well in Florida.

Wow. That's surprizing.

I've called probably a dozen times - including from Afghanistan - over the past three years he's answered and I've had proofs within 24 hrs.

Hope all is well in Florida.

maybe an email thing, but I'm just getting desperate as I finally have made another stab at making as I had life issues to contend with that has kept me from it for over 2 months...

Maybe I need to call him, haven't tried that.. thanks ..

Andrew,
I was going to use Ernie, sent him some art he returned a proof a little different.. which is fine but his email got buried and within that time (couple weeks) I had changed my design to something super simple, sent him a link with the font and haven't heard back from him.. so in short I'd love to give him a try as everyone seems to use him, I've used TUS for my first stencils and they were very responsive, professional etc I'm just looking to give someone else a try to compare them to..

That is surprising... I've placed around half a dozen orders with him or so, and it seems like he gets faster with every order. In fact, the last "one off" stencil I ordered from him was finalized within an hour of sending the initial email.

Do call him. He answers pretty quick and if you leave a message, calls back fast. He did my proof in less than a hour. I changed it a week later, he re-did it in about 2 in 3, different sizes. I ordered it on a Thursday, had it on Saturday to Mark my knives with.

Great service, great stencils, even greater guy!!!y

Last edited:
Ernie is a great Guy!
I just can't get more than about one or two etchings out of that blue stuff.
The Green Mylar logo's I get from Electro Chem in Brea, I can get many before it starts to fuzz on me.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

I dont go anywhere else anymore. Ernie is great to deal with. He actually makes his own stencil material, dont know how he does it but it stays flexable for many many etchings. Too high of heat will wear it out.
I dont remember who made them but the crispy bright cobalt blue material I got years ago was no good. Before I found Ernie. It cracks and can cause big problems from bleeding through the cracks.

Back