Anyone in NC near Hickory?

I am new to knife making and needless to say have kept USA Knife Making pretty busy sending me supplies. lol I have finally found something I enjoy doing and glad i found this site. Good to know there are others who share my same intrest. If you live in my area it would be nice to meet to see other work. Feel free to email me anytime.

I'm not in NC but, if you're close to Clyde checkout the Haywood Community College Knifemakers Club. They meet once a month. A great bunch of folks from that area. I have gone to their meetings when in NC. Lots of sharing and caring with the group.

I would be more than happy to show my work, I am no professional by any means and still learning all the time. I don't frequent this site as much as others and I haven't posted any pics on this site but need to. You need to look into the NC knife builders guild.

I'm in NC, a little less than an hour from you in Cleveland. I'm actually slowly getting out of knife making, so I have a fair amount of tools and supplies I'd let go of fairly cheap. Shoot me a PM if there's anything you're looking for.

Ryan,

You should come to one of the North Carolina Custom Knifemakers Guild meetings. They are held quarterly in Troy, NC at the Montgomery Community College. There are also knifemaking classes taught at MCC, that can be viewed here: http://www.ncknifeguild.org/mcc knifemaking schedule.html

The Guild is a great resource and we have 2-3 demos at every meeting.

Best Regards,
Michael Wilson
NCCKG Director

Back