Anybody else having problems with the forums loading very slowly??

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
I've noticed that over the past week, whenever I bring up the forums, it's taking longer and longer for it to load.

I'm very good about keep my PC cleaned up, to include the cache....and all the other sites are loading as quickly as they ever have.

Whenever I click on any area of Knifedogs, it's taking between 5-15 seconds to load the page.......anybody else experiencing this slow down? If so, any ideas?

You're not the only one Ed. I'm having the same problem. Whenever I search for "New Posts", it shows that my search took a fraction of a second, but it takes the page 10+ seconds to load.

The hosting site may have put it on another server I dont know this for fact but sometimes when they upgrade the software they will load it on a new server. Hosting sites often dont upgrade servers when you upgrade to new software. With some software that requires a bigger server and a smaller server with less ram or memory/processor speed will run slower or not as fast as the software was designed. They do it to get you to upgrade your server service when the patrons start to complain about it. It's just one of the things you have to look at when you upgrade your software, Will the server take the load. Again I dont know who is hosting the site But It has happend to me before.

My gut tells me that Rusty may have nailed it! Just sitting here, thinking back to my first web host.....they pulled that on me. At first my site was nice and speedy, then I started getting emails from folks, telling me that pictures were taking forever to load...and after doing all I could on my end, I went to the host.....they gave me a huge sales pitch about how I could speed up my site.... "For only $XX more per month!" That's when I got to looking around, and went with Alex at Atlanta Virtual. Been a happy camper ever since.

Good on ya Rusty!

I've noticed it myself. I was waiting to see if it cleared up but it hasn't. I'll kick it up to the hosting people.

I've put in a trouble ticket. The hosting people will "optimize the tables". I'm not all that hopeful about any significant improvement but stranger things have happened. We will probably have to step up to the next level of server hosting in order to accommodate the new load and higher user count. It wasn't unexpected, it's just expensive and I was holding off until the site needed it which is now it appears.

Back