Another Wildlife Mystery

I’ll guess I’ll just scout it out some more for now, and see if they want me to help them do anything about it.

... I'll keep trying on the carp... maybe a fly at a dead drift.

Last edited:
Bank Beaver or the dam building variety, you should definitley see a ``slide``, on the banks going
Into the water, BUT...hmm, if you`re not seeing any sign, the downed trees aren't always present,
but if it is a Beaver, there should be a slide somewhere on the bank. Funny, when you said huge, I
though in the 500 pound range, 100+ seems like an average around here. They are tough creatures,
pretty cool too, provided they aren't destroying your land! From what I hear good eating too!

You mean like a mud slide?

I didn't make it back up there last month, but my stepdaughter came down for a visit. She said she's seen sticks that looked like they were chewed off to a point by some type of animal.

A slide is just a slick spot where they enter the water. Those are beaver sticks
for sure. You must be near a nuclear power plant if 100lbs is average. a 50lb beaver is big here. 30 to 40lb average. Have you weighed them or guessing.

Last edited:
And I thought this 83 lb google-found beaver was huge:

100_0460.jpg

Back