Another skinner, acid etched

Thank you for the kind words. I'm open for criticism as well. It will only help.

I got no real criticisms, however its always nice to let folks know about the size of the knife you are showing.

Over the years I have done a lot of skinning, big and small. On small game length has a lot to do with the process. I use to keep a pocket knife in my skinning shed when I trapped one blade was skinny and pointy. Used to get into those small area's like around shoulders and up against the face, or getting a pelt started.
Cutting through a fur-bearers pelt is a no no! It makes the price go down and can't have that! The other one was a dedicated skinner with no point. I cut it out or an old knife my Dad had in his overflow drawer. When you are skinning if you are good with the knife you can practically flesh it out as your going or at the very least, leave little work. The length is something critical as a skinner as well. Small game again you just don't have the room to work with a long blade!

I am going to guess that blade is about 4-5" in working length. For larger game just about right the way I figure it!!! It has a point. Good for getting started and the angle of the blade is right to skin with. It's hard to visualize but when you are undressing an animal you are working the pelt with one hand while the other had is cutting at any area where the skin wants to hang, basically a flick of the wrist. I'd have to try it but would say the design of that ones is just about right! When you make that flick of your wrist with some knives you really have to be concerned about the point. Or you end up with the dreaded cut thru and that means stitching for top dollar and most buyers will know you have stitched even if you forget to mention it, :eek: and if you try to pull that a couple of times, they are gonna watch you like a hawk when you try to sell to them in the future!! Nope best to tell them I nicked that one right there and they will be square with you if you are square with them.

Nope I ain't really got any criticisms on that one at all!! I like how the handle is shaped and the style and the sheath, well you brother knocked that one out of the park as well!! upload_2017-9-28_20-20-35.jpeg

I really like it!! I'm really liking the Hamon I have to start using wood more! I like the subtle difference in the woods. Makes 2 of the same knife look different! Very nice!

Thanks again
CCraft, thanks for all the information. The blade is 3 1/4 and the handle is 4 1/4. I took input from the buyer on this knife style. I think he has been out in the field testing this knife style. I hope to get feedback soon. He bought the skinner that had all the "eye candy" posted earlier (same style as this one). I figure if him and his buddies like it, I'll have three more available.

Thanks Mike.

Wow, really like that second one. Not that the first one has anything wrong with it!!! The combination of materials of the second one really make it stand out!!

I also like the placement of the makers mark. May have to take that one into consideration!!!

Thanks again. It's the first time using canvas micarta as a bolster. I do like the canvas/wood combination.

I really like that one, the ebony was definitely the right choice. and Bro knocked another one out of the park!!

Back