All dressed up for the Guild Show.

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
These didn't sell at The a Blade Show so I sent them out to Nathan Dickenson for a little dressing up before The a Guild Show. As usual he did an outstanding job of the scroll work and 24 carat gold inlay. One has elephant ivory scales,the other red stag. Both have Damascus blades.
What do y'all think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 56
They are both stunning Calvin

Lovely work!! Particularly like the stag handled one - the damascus pattern in the blade is gorgeous

Those are gorgeous. Love the stag handle feather. What steel did you use and what did you use to etch? The contrast is stunning.

Those are gorgeous. Love the stag handle feather. What steel did you use and what did you use to etch? The contrast is stunning.

Thank you for the compliment. The stag is red stag and the Damascus is from another Knife Dog,Bill Behnke (I hope I spelled his name correctly). The steel is 1084 and 15N20 I think,Bill may need to correct me if I'm wrong. I etched it in 50%-50% ferric chloride and distilled water.

Last edited:
Calvin,
You are at the top of your game. These 2 are beauties and if I were to pick a favorite I would pick both of them. Fantastic work by you and the others.

Wade

I've never been a big fan of pattern welded steels, but these folders really make the feather Damascus really pop. Looking good!!! But - Calvin, your folders are always impressive!

Ken H>

Cory,since I'm only a few weeks away from going to The Knifemakers Guild show I'll get Terrill Hoffman to photograph them there and save the postage and risk of them getting lost in the mail.

Back