Alamo Tribute Bowie

believerjoe

I am finally ready to glue this up and pin it. Been months in the making, but landed on finishes I like. Did not want flawless details, which I may not be capable of anyway, but wanted some rustic aspects with quality? Not sure that is worded correctly. 18 inches overall. It is Alabama Damascus with Damascus spacers. Mild steel forged guard finished blued and the aged. The copper accents are still raw because I was going to age them also, or just let it age. Finished off with Sambar stag crown.

Attachments

• 61F1A4C2-88AE-4C68-86A9-6D7B1A394E9B.jpeg
    61F1A4C2-88AE-4C68-86A9-6D7B1A394E9B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
  • B6869F13-D58A-45F8-8E1D-808A555287F7.jpeg
    B6869F13-D58A-45F8-8E1D-808A555287F7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 40
  • BEB2549C-CD1B-4749-BD36-C5330961CABB.jpeg
    BEB2549C-CD1B-4749-BD36-C5330961CABB.jpeg
    548.5 KB · Views: 40
I am finally ready to glue this up and pin it. Been months in the making, but landed on finishes I like. Did not want flawless details, which I may not be capable of anyway, but wanted some rustic aspects with quality? Not sure that is worded correctly. 18 inches overall. It is Alabama Damascus with Damascus spacers. Mild steel forged guard finished blued and the aged. The copper accents are still raw because I was going to age them also, or just let it age. Finished off with Sambar stag crown.
Loving that guard! I hear you about not necessarily wanting perfect. Mine are primitive functional blades, and I use all hand tools, with the exception of a 1" x 30" sander. Always end up with scratches I just can't get out all the way. Still, practice makes perfect, right? LOL!.
Beautiful knife you have there!

The blade and the handle look great but isn't that quillion that is bent towards the pommel a little close to the handle? Does it interfere with the grip.

Doug

That's a beautiful knife Joe and a great looking piece of stag.
Do you have Facebook? There are some guys here in Texas that run Stag Depot. The quality of their stag keeps getting better. For extra money, they grind off the brow tine, re-texture that area, and color it. I have since done that myself. They will be at Blade also.

Loving that guard! I hear you about not necessarily wanting perfect. Mine are primitive functional blades, and I use all hand tools, with the exception of a 1" x 30" sander. Always end up with scratches I just can't get out all the way. Still, practice makes perfect, right? LOL!.
Beautiful knife you have there!
I have been working on my tools. I am slowly building things up. I can appreciate hand made. I am trying to find a balance between that and equipment. If quality suffers, then I buy something.

Back