African Blackwood and Osage

I love it. The woods you picked look great together and the lines of the knife are excellent.

Did you have any issue with the blackwood? My arms break out just from getting the dust on me. Thank God for respirators.

I love it. The woods you picked look great together and the lines of the knife are excellent.

Did you have any issue with the blackwood? My arms break out just from getting the dust on me. Thank God for respirators.

I haven't had any trouble with the blackwood sensitivity….yet :). I do wear a high end respirator and run the dust collection system when I'm sanding. I have also started putting the sanding nozzle next to the grinder for extra dust reduction.

Thanks for the compliments John !! Here's another view. It's 7-1/2" OAL with a 3-1/4" blade.

Last edited:
That is a great view. Now I can clearly see the contouring did on the handle. The long, sloping curve along the entire spine and tang is gorgeous!

tqTjv18l.jpg

Now that outside view really shows off the contrasting materials and how well the work together!! Really nice work OP!!!

Another nice one OP. The african blackwood is a bear to work but is more stable than ebony. I prefer o work with ebony but like the finish on the blackwood better. I have used it on a couple of knife handles and did a schnaeble forend tip on a mannlicher rifle stock I built

Another nice one OP. The african blackwood is a bear to work but is more stable than ebony. I prefer o work with ebony but like the finish on the blackwood better. I have used it on a couple of knife handles and did a schnaeble forend tip on a mannlicher rifle stock I built
Thanks Von!

Back