Adding an avatar.

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
Can someone tell me how to make my picture appear as an avatar? I would also like to have The Knifemakers Guild logo and, in the very near future a link to my website appear at the bottom of my posts.
Thanks,
Calvin

It's in your user CP. You can edit your profile and it's all in there, let me know if you have any problems and I can probably do it for ya. ;)

1) Get the image you want for your avatar.
2) Make a small copy - no more than 100x100 pixels, no more than a 2kb file size
3) Either save it off somewhere on the web you can link to it, or know where it is on your computer
4) Click the 'User CP' link up near the top left
5) Select the 'Edit Avatar' choice from the menu on the left.
6) Either enter the URL of where your tiny image is on the web or where to upload it from your computer and click 'save changes'.

For adding your link at the bottom you choose the 'Edit Signature' choice (the next one down from 'Edit Avatar')

Your picture will need to be about 100 x 75 pic.
you need to load it to photobucket or where ever you store them and then try loading them to your avatar. so you need to browse for it til you come to where ever it is where you stored it.
vern

Well, I'm not a knifemaker (yet - did finally get a chance to play with my Kelgin Mini-Forge I got at BLADE last year).

I do know a bit about photography, engraving, and computers so in those rare cases where I can add something useful...

OK thanks for the help, I will give it a try as soon as I find a free download to resize pictures. I had one that worked well and was easy to use but somehow it got deleted.

Back