A Sign

Raymond Richard

Forum Owner & Moderator
For at least 2 years I have had the interest in making small signs with spiritual messages on them. Usually just one liners since the letters the way I was doing them were to large plus I was burning the letters like you would a brand. I got this idea Friday to try something the way I started doing my sheaths. I'm not 100% done with it now. I want the leather to dry out more since I spliced two pieces together hoping it wouldn't separate at the seem but it has. Got a couple ideas on how to fix that. Here's what I have so far.

Attachments

• IMG_0420.jpg
    IMG_0420.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 48
Good idea Ray.
Here is a suggestion.

Calvin, Welcome back!

To repent of sin is as great a work of grace as not to sin. I don't quite understand what that is saying.

You know I have a whole book of ideas called the Bible to work from. In fact I was just out buying supplies for the signs but I knew all the time I had things here at home to use without going to the store. In my life application bible in the index is a list 2 pages long of life lessons learned by bible people that have caught my attention. That's where I found the one on forgiveness I just used. I'm thinking I may get out of the knife business and go into signs.

Here's one. :)

“Chronic remorse, as all the moralists are agreed, is a most undesirable sentiment. If you have behaved badly, repent, make what amends you can and address yourself to the task of behaving better next time. On no account brood over your wrongdoing. Rolling in the muck is not the best way of getting clean.” Aldous Huxley

Last edited:
For at least 2 years I have had the interest in making small signs with spiritual messages on them. Usually just one liners since the letters the way I was doing them were to large plus I was burning the letters like you would a brand. I got this idea Friday to try something the way I started doing my sheaths. I'm not 100% done with it now. I want the leather to dry out more since I spliced two pieces together hoping it wouldn't separate at the seem but it has. Got a couple ideas on how to fix that. Here's what I have so far.

This is what the first sign looks like now. Also did a couple more. Trying some new things I've never done before.

IMG_0454.JPGIMG_0451.JPGIMG_0458.jpg

Last edited:
Finally the camera is communicating with the newer computer. I took this photo over a week ago. Some of the signs are done and several aren't.

Attachments

• IMG_5648.jpg
    IMG_5648.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 13
They look good Ray

Proverbs is good for material too. Proverbs 3 27 Do not with old good from those it is due, when it is in your power to act.

Back