A pair with stag

Craig

KNIFE MAKER
Both have CPM-154 blades and springs with integral 416 bolsters/liners and stag handles.

The lock back whittler is 3 7/8 closed and the trapper is 3 5/8 closed.

Thanks for looking.

LBW1.jpgLBW2.jpgLBW3.jpgLBW4.jpgLBW5.jpgLBW6.jpg

Last edited:
All I can say Crag is WOW! Great job and a very traditional look. I love a knife dressed in Stag!

Erik

Craig, these are both gorgeous. I especially love the second 2 blade slip joint.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

The picture of the first knife (3-blade) of the blades nestled in their spots just blew me away. You have a knack for getting everything to line up just perfectly. Just amazing. Beautiful knives.

DeMo

Hello Craig. Both folders are super !!
Please tell me the length and thickness of the blades in the double.
Thanks. Frank

Thanks everyone!

Frank, the blades are from 3/32 stock and 2.7 inches from bolster to tip.

Craig,

Each of your knives is an inspiration! Always excellent design and craftsmanship. I'm just an a beginner at making slip joints (only 3 so far). Each was a learning experience -poor design, soldered bolsters falling off, etc. But, the most frustrating experience was when the spring on the best of the three snapped. It is CPM-154. I don't know if the heat treatment was poor or the temper wrong. What HRC do you like for tempering your CPM-154 springs?

Jay

Thanks again everyone.

Jay, I use CPM-154 for the springs and I like them 46 RC. On my oven the temper is 1170 F. Re-check the RC on your broken springs.

Craig

Back