A Little Different...

Church & Son

A friend sent a gun and an idea...

Pretty it up, run it threw the friendly Indian nation, make a display to hang the longrifle and
some of the Lady of the house's beadwork collection...

I had a pic of a gun display that I think Chuck Burrows done several years ago…
If I’m wrong, sorry. Chuck, if it was yours thanks for the inspiration...

New brass from RE Davis, a great guy to deal with, and the rest came from here..
The feathers from Lovely Brides turkeys, leather from a frontload killed deer…

The display board came from a tobacco barn on our place I tore down several years ago…
The hooks are metal strapping from the same barn forged out at the Redbud…
Antlers are from some of my kills....

It was a ton of fun!!

I sent this old gun to have Randy refinish it for my wife because he does the best work I know of in this type of work. He has done other work for us and we are more than pleased with every thing. He is having this put in a Mag. as to WIP Randy why don't you give us the info so we can read the articles. Cant wait to get it. It don't get better than this. Thank you. Pat and Terry alias KT

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I say WOW..........................................................

Wade

Thanks Gents...Terry, why do you have a crow on your head?
As soon as I get confirmation on mag issue I'll let ya know...

Randy When I sent you a picture of all the wall hangers I looked at It almost drove me nuts. There were so many to chose from and this one was copied after that one and that one after that one. I must say we could not be more pleased with what you came up with. The metal work is outstanding..My wife and I both agree it is the best we have seen and are waiting to have you do another one down the road. I cant let her have the only one. Mine has to be better. LOL KT

Thanks Terry and the Lady, always a pleasure...Share a pic when it gets on the wall...

Chuck, that's the one...Hard to follow a class act like yourself...Thanks again...
The board was the hardest thing, I looked for it all over the county
and it was here the entire time....

Mikey, appreciate it....

the board was the hardest thing, I looked for it all over the county
and it was here the entire time....

Had to laugh - same with me - I kept checking out the river's edge (about 6 miles worth) :biggrin:for a proper piece and then one day my neighbors, whose property used to be a sawmill, cleaned up the grounds and piled some of the junk along the edge of the road for pickup and voila there it was less than a 1/4 mile from home...:biggrin:

Love when serendipity comes into play...

Thanks Christopher, right back at ya!!

You are right Chuck, One Man's Junk...My name is Randy and I'm a hopeless dumpster diver.......

Back