A knife!

Nice! That looks like it would be a useful shape for using in the kitchen to slice vegetables, etc...

That is a really NICE clean grind line - good job on grinding. A very interesting design.
Thank you , my grinding improved dramatically once I bought the glass platen. I really can’t hand sand due to shoulder surgery years ago, so this is about as far as I can take it. that’s 400. I may try 600 next time since I have the glass now. It seems weird things show up when I go too high on the grit with the machine.

Thank you , my grinding improved dramatically once I bought the glass platen. I really can’t hand sand due to shoulder surgery years ago, so this is about as far as I can take it. that’s 400. I may try 600 next time since I have the glass now. It seems weird things show up when I go too high on the grit with the machine.

Looks great! Agreed- a glass platen is a real game changer. It made a world of difference to my grinds. As to the 600 on a flat platen- your mileage may vary but I've never gotten much benefit from it. A 600 grit belt lasts about 25 seconds and then I get squiggly lines in my bevel from the splice bump. But they work great on a contact wheel or as a slack belt. What worked better for me if you want a great machine finish is the Trazact gator belts.

Looks great! Agreed- a glass platen is a real game changer. It made a world of difference to my grinds. As to the 600 on a flat platen- your mileage may vary but I've never gotten much benefit from it. A 600 grit belt lasts about 25 seconds and then I get squiggly lines in my bevel from the splice bump. But they work great on a contact wheel or as a slack belt. What worked better for me if you want a great machine finish is the Trazact gator belts.
Thanks John good advice. That must have been what happens. If I don’t get it on the first pass, it just gets worse after that. I’ll check out the Trazact belts. I’ll have to see if they make them in a 2 x 42.

Mark, that thing you call a knife looks damn scary - Do you need a license to own it? I can envision it making quick work of a rack of ribs.

Mark, that thing you call a knife looks damn scary - Do you need a license to own it? I can envision it making quick work of a rack of ribs.
Haha. There is something about that shape. It’s When I chose looks over comfort. I’m not sure the curve of the handle is the most ergonomically correct shape, but it looks cool.

Back