A knife for the hounds

Gwydion

Hello everyone, I am new here and hopefully I am posting in the right place.
This year has been the hardest year of my life, I lost all grandparents, my friend Ian and my hound. I could tell my days with my relatives were numbered and could see it coming.

What I did not know was that one night when I came home from work, my dog would be fatally injured due to someone's negligence. He was robbed of his life and I'll never un-see what I saw when I found him. He travelled all over the country with me, from the purple skies of Arizona to the north in Alaska. He never wandered, he always was by my side. We are together, slept next to each other, hunted together and at one point fought together when I got mugged at a gas station outside Nogales.

I want to have a fixed blade knife made 4.5" in length with a hounds head as the pommel. It would be preferable if it had an old feeling to it. I have reference pics if needed and if this is something that interests you then I'd like to speak with you and work together to make a knife worthy of my hound that I can use in the woods that we used to walk together in.

I have already had one knife made by Spangler forge and it is beautiful but I'd like to have a more Bushcraft or hunting knife type made in addition.

Thank you for your input and consideration.

Last edited:
Man I feel your pain. A good dog is just hard to forget. Good luck in your endeavors and quest to find a knife to honor a great friend.

Man I feel your pain. A good dog is just hard to forget. Good luck in your endeavors and quest to find a knife to honor a great friend.
I really appreciate that, and I think I have a guy in the UK who will make the pommel so that will hopefully make the endeavor easier on the bladesmith who decides to take up the project. I appreciate the condolences and yes I've had good hounds in the past and loved them all but jojen was someone that jack london would've written about if they had met.

The goodest of boys.

I'm in the process of moving my shop, and because I don't drive, it's unclear exactly when that will happen. It was supposed to happen this week, but the person who was supposed to drive is MIA so...
If you don't find anyone, feel free to message me and I'll see what we can do.

Thank you sir, i will definitely let you know
I'm in the process of moving my shop, and because I don't drive, it's unclear exactly when that will happen. It was supposed to happen this week, but the person who was supposed to drive is MIA so...
If you don't find anyone, feel free to message me and I'll see what we can do.

Back