A Day of Rembrance

Dream Burls

Some of you might recall that I used to work for the Port Authority and that I was at the World Trade Center 12 years ago today. I used up a lot of my luck that day and walked away without a scratch. But I came close to not making it and was one of many where life or death was decided by a matter of minutes. In my case, ten minutes later and I would have been trapped in an elevator facing a terrifying fate.

I lost a lot of friends and coworkers that day and attended more funerals in the following weeks than I ever thought I would. I also worked harder than I ever had in the aftermath in an effort to get the ports of NY and NJ open again (which, by the way, we did in three days). My life was and will never be the same. I left the Port Authority three years later and started on a new journey that lead to Dream Burls.

Take a minute today and remember not only the thousands of innocent victims who lost theirs lives that day, but also the brave and selfless souls who perished trying to saves those lives. And be oh so very thankful to be alive. I know I am.

I live not to far away from the city and know many people who lost their lives 12 years ago . I too have the jitters today .
Thank God You made it out ok !

Today, our fellow citizens, our way of life, our very freedom came under attack in a series of deliberate and deadly terrorist acts. The victims were in airplanes or in their offices: secretaries, business men and women, military and federal workers, moms and dads, friends and neighbors. Thousands of lives were suddenly ended by evil, despicable acts of terror. The pictures of airplanes flying into buildings, fires burning, huge -- huge structures collapsing have filled us with disbelief, terrible sadness, and a quiet, unyielding anger. These acts of mass murder were intended to frighten our nation into chaos and retreat. But they have failed. Our country is strong. ~Bush

I was working in my garage knife shop that terrible day when I noticed that I didn't hear any airplanes flying?

Living near SM Airport and the Van Nuys airport which is the largest small plane airport in the world.
I wondered WTF? I turned on the radio and found out what had happened on the east coast as the news was just coming in. The world will never be the same. RIP to all of those that died that day and we will never forget!

Back