A couple of new knives I'm working on

purequill

I haven't posted on here in a while so I figured I would put up my latest in progress projects. Any comments, critiques and constructive criticism are welcome and appreciated. Both blades are hand forged from the same 52100 ball bearing. Triple quenched, normalized and annealed. Differentially hardened and tempered at 388 F. Convex grind on 220 belt and hand finished 400-1000 grit. Etched in ferric chloride. I'll be fitting up guards tonight and will post more pics as I go. Thanks for looking!

Wow, it always blows my mind that you can heat something up, beat the hell out of it, spend hours and hours sanding it and have it turn out that smooth and pretty. I like the shape. Very organic and flowing with the hand sanding and the curvature of the blade. I am interested to see them finished.

Thanks Justice4all! I will post more pics after a while. I'm just about done with them. Good eye Bruce! And yes, Ed does approve as he is one of my mentors. lol. Great man and I am very humbled to be able to work closely with him.

Back