A couple of my current edc knives

JeremyBartlett

I havent posted much here lately as I have been posting the crap out of Facebook and Instagram to try and get a bit of a following, but here are 2 of my edc knives. They are 7" overall, with 3.25 inch blades. Both W2 steel.

This one has a maple burl handle with white g10 liners and natural linen micarta pins.

IMG_20171018_141300_477.jpg IMG_20171018_141003_755.jpg

The 2nd one has a black cerakoted blade with claro walnut handle, red g10 liners and stainless pins.

IMG_20171019_133208_954.jpg IMG_20171019_133032_329.jpg

Hope you all enjoy!

Very nice! I like something about each of them. The top one is more of my taste, just like Johan, but the lines and angles of the bottom handle really stand out. I like what you did with the angles, though the top one would probably feel better in the hand. I guess that means I would go for both!

I have had a lot of interest in these 2 knives, I've posted them for sale on Facebook in lots of groups and a few other places, but no one has bought them yet. Hopefully I can get rid of them soon lol

Looks great. After trying my hand at several hamons I now have more appreciation of the art of Hamon. Your Hamon looks very nice.

Thanks @MikeL, some people make Amazing hamons every time they make a knife. I seem to have about a 60% success rate. I always get one, but they don't look how I imagined, it's crazy how it works! I have clayed up 5 identical blades and got 5 different results!

Both are very nice. I've been contemplating cerakoat for a few years now. what's your opinion of it Jeremy?

Thank you! I just recently tried it and the results have been good. On the knife in this thread, I took one of my Matt Parkinson hardness chisels that is 64 rockwell...tried to scratch the crap out of the cerakote on the tang. It barley made a mark, which you could barely see once I cleaned it off with acetone before glueing the scales on.

I haven't seen it applied to too many knives, I know Whiskers Allen use to use it on some of his folder blades and spoke highly of it.
Did you send these off for coating or did you apply it yourself ?

Back