A Boy's 1st knife!

Self Made Knives

I had the privilege of making a young man's first hunting knife! He lives in Wisconsin and I'm in Arkansas, but he visited my shop about a year ago. People put down Forged in Fire all the time, but that show is the main driving force behind this boy's interest in knives. He and his Dad make it a weekly father/son thing and he is now really excited about knives. So, they put an order in and it took me all this time to get to it. Here's the full build, along with a little goofyness!

I had the privilege of making a young man's first hunting knife! He lives in Wisconsin and I'm in Arkansas, but he visited my shop about a year ago. People put down Forged in Fire all the time, but that show is the main driving force behind this boy's interest in knives. He and his Dad make it a weekly father/son thing and he is now really excited about knives. So, they put an order in and it took me all this time to get to it. Here's the full build, along with a little goofyness!
Love it! The knife, video, story,... are terrific!! Great job!!!

Anthony, I am speechless, well not really but, wow! Love the knife, the story and the video. It goes without saying I hope you sent a copy of the video to the boy and his folks because I am sure they got a real kick out of that!

The funnies of the video are only exceeded by the actual information you gave out during the narration. My compliments to you sir!!

1528381275220.png Very well done indeed!!!!

Thanks guys! Yeah, I think Alex wanted to be a part of making it, or at least watch in person. But, he was only in town for a short a time so I thought the next best thing would be to make him a video. It just posted last night, so I don't think he's seen it yet.

I didn't know This Old Tony was making knives now.... wait a second... isn't your name Tony? (Crickets chirping)

Seriously, that was my favorite video I've seen from you. Now I'm gonna go find the homemade respirator video... must have missed that one some how!

Alex is one lucky kid!

I'm not sure if it's always like this in your shop or you were just showing off because Alex was there, but either way, that was one of the coolest WIPs I've ever seen. Now I have to go search out others you've done. Great job on the knife and the video. Thanks for sharing them with us.

I didn't know This Old Tony was making knives now.... wait a second... isn't your name Tony? (Crickets chirping)

Seriously, that was my favorite video I've seen from you. Now I'm gonna go find the homemade respirator video... must have missed that one some how!

Alex is one lucky kid!

I love This Old Tony! Wish I was that good, lol.

If you haven's seen the video at the first of this post, go check that out. Here's Alex's reaction to the video. He had no idea that I made the video and his mom played it for him before he realized the knife was ready. I think it had been on order so long that he had forgotten all about it. At the end of the video she gave it to him. She said he was extremely excited and loved the knife. Here's the pics she sent me and his reactions while watching it.

35429692_10155798312663687_5310977419442651136_n.jpg
35519823_10155798312708687_8869744667588034560_n.jpg
35402046_10155798318578687_6034084276675280896_n.jpg

Back