A batch of Damascus kiridashi

NPD

I like to sow you a batch of firestorm Damascus kiridashi I’m working for an order, I had a piece of Damascus left over so I have made a scandi blade out of it.
So far I have given the final shape clean them and they are ready to go for heat treatment.

I hope you like them.
Cheers
NP

hskiri.jpg

hskiri1.jpg

And some update for the kiridashi, they are almost ready still have to sharpen them and make the 3 sheaths ready.

hskiri6.jpg

hskiri5.jpg

hskiri2.jpg

Very nice knives NP. I especially like the scandi. I've become very fond of the scandi knives since I started making them.

Thanks i'm glad you like them.
The damascus It’s from HHH knives, they making some amazing Damascus patterns.

NP

Very nice knives and well done on the leather work. May I ask what exactly those knives are for?

Kiridashi "pointed knife"
Kiridashis started off as a traditional Japanese knife often used by school children for cutting paper, sharpening pencils and cutting bamboo for art projects.
And having the blade sharpened only from one side is a geat help when cutting along a ruler's edge or when trying to achieve a perfectly straight cut as in veneer work.

I hope this answer your question.

Last edited:
Ahh ok that makes sense. I think having one of them would be very handy around the house and for leather work.

Back