8” Fighter / Combat Shiv / Pig Sticker

Nathan The Machinist

This is a heavy duty combat knife designed as a stabbing weapon and built to tolerate extremely rough use in demanding environments.

The handle is ergonomically designed for a standard forward, reverse, saber and pinch grips for an average to relatively large hand. The tang is internally skeletonized. The scales are 3D sculpted CNC machined canvas micarta. The blade is made of ¼” Latrobe A2 steel with a heat treat that has been optimized to maximize strength and toughness. The blade has a swedge grind that creates distal taper and deep fullers that, together with the skeletonized tang, create a relatively light weight package (11.7 oz) that is supremely well balanced with thoughtful and deliberate distribution of mass that gives it a surprisingly light and lively feel in the hand without sacrificing tip strength.

The steel, Latrobe A2, is a high quality domestically produced high carbon tool steel (not a stainless steel) with high impact and torsional toughness. It also exhibits good edge stability and edge retention which make it a good choice for rough use. In this application it will tolerate abuse such as aggressive prying, punching holes in sheetmetal, cutting iron wire and even chopping through cinderblock. Being a 5% chromium steel it is not stainless, but has better corrosion resistance than something like 1095.

Specs:
Latrobe A2 steel, tested 59 HRC, .250” thick at ricasso
Total length 12.75”
Edge length 7.5”
Weight 11.7 oz
Extra grippy 3D machined canvas micarta scales
Black oxide treated 18-8 stainless steel fasteners

Spec Ops Combat Master sheath can be hung from a belt, mounted to all duty belts, is M.O.L.L.E. compatible and jump certified.

1_zps4e4a433e.jpg~original

2_zps0d7f4119.jpg~original

3_zpsbafe42fc.jpg~original

4_zps78c9bccc.jpg~original

5_zps411f3df0.jpg~original

$325 shipped in the USA.

If you want it without a sheath you can deduct $40 from the price.

These knives are unusual because they are machined, not ground. I do this in my shop on industrial CNC machine tools.

I take paypal, cash, check or MO.

Thanks for looking,
Nathan

Back