508 lb Peter Wright Anvil On Fleabay

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
I normally wouldn't post something like this, but I have to say this is one of the best looking Peter Wright Anvils I have ever seen photos of. This is one for a guy who is looking to make a serious investment in an anvil for a lifetime.

I hate posting links to fleabay, so if you are interested..... just do a quick search for "Peter Wright Anvil 508 lbs".

That is a great looking anvil I have a smaller Peter Wright (127lb) and love it.That's a little out of my budget since I have two, I hate temptation ..Steve

I started drooling when I seen this one. I could probably take out a loan or sell a kidney, but shipping to my location is almost $600.

I started drooling when I seen this one. I could probably take out a loan or sell a kidney, but shipping to my location is almost $600.

What the price on the kidney? I'm needing one... :D the dialysis is getting in the way of the knife mak... learning!!!!

For those looking, Craigslist in my area has anvils from time to time, might find one in your area. Search "anvil" & "blacksmith" for other items from the TOP page in your area. Do not only look in tools.

In addition, I have found other tool are great prices on there, key search words are "band saw", "drill press", " grinder", "vise", whatever tool you might be looking for.

For the "fleabayer". Here's what I do, search for an item, say "band saw". When the list of 30,000 band saws come up, go to the left menu area near the bottom. There is a place the set distance from you. Put in 100 or 200 miles from your zip code. Then, it will just show local items, you might be able to pick it up, saving on shipping.

There's one in the machine shop on the USS North Carolina. Every time I go to the beach I go up and see The ship and spend about 2 hrs just stareing at the anvil. No they won't sell it I did ask.

I'm kinda wondering how much this thing is worth (just out of curiosity). It made it up to $2600 but did not make the reserve.

wow

I have a peter right that is 500+ lbs in good shape. I am also curious as to what it would be worth.

Jim

Back