3V Heat Treater?

Taz575

Anyone out there that can do a 3V heat treat/cryo for me? My normal guy is shut down until Mid January. I had to wait for a customer to send me a knife to duplicate the handle shape and the package got delivered to the wrong house and took over 2 weeks to chase it down. TexasKnife only does 58-59 rockwell and I am looking to do the lower temper 3V treatment to 60 rockwell. I was going to use Peters, but it's pretty pricey for 1 blade! I may just bit the bullet and send the 4 out to Peters, but I figured I would check here first!

Try Paul Farmer at Buck Knives.208-262-0500 He does custom knives for makers. If he does not answer leave a message and he will get back to you.

I just emailed Paul, thanks! I may put some MagnaCut and CPM 20CV blades in with the 3V since he does batch pricing as well and I may be able to combine multiple steels for that for just a little extra $$. Even doing the 4 3V blades for $85 is much better than Peters!

And just got this email back:

Thank you for your email,
Paul Bos Heat treat had an unexpected shutdown and are seeing higher than normal backlog on production. We are currently working on fullfilling current orders on hand and will not be excepting any new orders until we have reduced the current backlog.

They will hopefully be back up and running in Mid January according to Paul, so I have plenty of time to get my batch prepped!

Well, I think that everyone else will be up after the holidays. As for folks like Texas Knife, make sure anyone you use is using the "Delta" heat treatment for 3V.

Texas Knife won't let you specify Rockwell hardness and does cryo the next day, so they are out. I will send to Bos HT most likely. I will have a fairly large batch by then, got 2 more MagnaCut bars incoming!

Hoping to send around 24 blades out next week in a variety of steels. They are cut and prepped, need to measure, mark and pack them.

Back