3 Sharpfingers and a Sendero

I haven't posted anything in a while and I had a few minutes to spare so I thought I'd show these off. They were all commissioned by the same customer. The Sharpfingers are handled with some Stabilized Cypress from an old camp the customer used to hunt out of. He's gonna keep one and give the other 2 away as gifts to hunting buddies. He also supplied the Desert Ironwood on the Sendero. The Sendero was made with Mr. Fisk's blessing and I wanna thank him for allowing me to copy his work. I just hope I did it justice.
Let me know what y'all think and don't hold back, constructive criticism just helps me strive to do better work. **Edited to add that the Sharpfingers are A2 with a belt finish and the Sendero is S35VN hand rubbed to 600X.

Attachments

• Dozier Lester Sharpfingers  (2).jpg
    Dozier Lester Sharpfingers (2).jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Dozier's Sendero #1 .jpg
    Dozier's Sendero #1 .jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:
Darrin,

The Sendero is also a favorite of mine. If I could build one like you did, I would have one!!!

Your rendition of the sharp finger is top notch also, your customer and his pals will be thrilled I'm sure.

In the near future I hope to contact you about heat treating some O-1 blanks for me. I will contact you for the specifics when time comes.

Bill

Darrin, those Sharpfingers are sweet. I had one a long time ago, and somehow lost it or borrowed it to one of my boys. I always loved that knife. You have inspired me to make one for myself. Thank you.

Folks,
I picked these knives up today. The photos don't do these knives justice.
Really nice work. Darrin was a pleasure to work with and steady all along.
Put up with all my BS and noise. Gives directions like a true Southener, "when you pass the white fence with the Ford tractor in the shed and the blue heeler you went to far."
Thanks Darrin,
Dozier
Accuracy beats speed

Last edited:
Glad you're pleased Dozier. Working with you and meeting you was a pleasure as well. I just wish we could have "fertilized" a little longer because I kinda enjoy your BS & noise. Sorry for the Coona$$ directions. LOL Take care and don't be a stranger.

Back