3 of a kind ISH

LR Harner

the triplets
all are one piece 5400 year old bog oak
all are 1/4 inch thick cpm154 and have bamboo like spine work and round points
the main difference is the grind one wedge (ground one 10 inch wheel) one part hollow (10 inch + extra grind time on the 5 inch wheel ) and one full hollow (10+5+ 2 inch wheel grind )
any thoughts are welcome

J. ROSA

WOW! Those are amazing! I'm shocked at how you are able to blend everything so cleanly in using the different wheels.

LR Harner

thanks guys
so far a edge holding i have been usigna CPM154 blade fo ovr a year now and it holds up as well if not better then plain carbon blades (might give jsut a hair up on smoothness vs carbon steels but i ll take that trade any time
BTW the cts-xhp should be every bit as smooth as carbon steel and still be stainless (i will keep you all updatedd )

Mike Martinez

thanks guys
so far a edge holding i have been usigna CPM154 blade fo ovr a year now and it holds up as well if not better then plain carbon blades (might give jsut a hair up on smoothness vs carbon steels but i ll take that trade any time
BTW the cts-xhp should be every bit as smooth as carbon steel and still be stainless (i will keep you all updatedd )
Thanks Butch, I've been following your work for a while now and it gets better every time you post a new piece. Let me know if you ever need a shaving brush or two... :3:

Again, amazing work and that Burlsource.com Bog Oak is killer!

Last edited: