2nd best to Ceramic Belts.

Mark Barone

I have used other belts with success but obviously they don't last as long. What belt Material or brand is second best to ceramic belts?
Or what also might help is the worst Silicone carbide???

My heavy grinding is all done with the 60 grit zirconia. Reasonably priced and last reasonably. I have been using the shredder belts in 120 but have just bought the norton blaze ceramics and for finer it is all the trizact in A65, A45 and A30

Zirconia is a viable second option, but I'd suggest giving VSM XK760X belts a try (personally I use the 50 grit version). They are a ceramic, but are cheaper, and longer lasting than any Zirconia I've tried.

Zirconia is a viable second option, but I'd suggest giving VSM XK760X belts a try (personally I use the 50 grit version). They are a ceramic, but are cheaper, and longer lasting than any Zirconia I've tried.

I’ll second that I tried the zirconia as well and the price difference between the VSM ceramics and the zirconia just wasn’t worth it. I will stick to the VSM ceramics.

I’ll second that I tried the zirconia as well and the price difference between the VSM ceramics and the zirconia just wasn’t worth it. I will stick to the VSM ceramics.
I looked and I do not think Boss carries those so who are you guys ordering your VSM belts from.

Back